Great news! The new and highly anticipated version of Veeam Backup & Replication has just been released.
For those of you aren’t familiar, Veeam Backup & Replication is one of the leading backup applications for backing up, replicating and restoring Hyper-V.
I’ll be writing a full post next week regarding backing up of Hyper-V using Veeam.
For now some of the new features available in Veeam 7 Are:
- Support for tape device as backup target
- Support for Exchange 2013 and Sharepoint 2013 (Object level restore)
- 1 Click Restore
- Virtual Lab for replicas – Allows the use of existing replicas to set up a virtual lab or test environment
- Wan Acceleration for fast backups over WAN
- Backup From Storage Snapshots – Allows the use of storage snapshots for customers with HP P4000 or 3par Storages
- VM backup copy and archive – You can now choose specific VM’s to be copied out of a backup job and apply long-term retention policies to that particular VM
Some Other Cool Features (already in place from previous versions are:
- Forever incremental Backups – After one full backup all future backups are incremental
- Instant Recovery (Allows almost instant availability of a failed VM, The VM is run directly from Backup without the need to perform a full restore
- File recovery from both Windows & Linux VM’s
- Compressing and dedupe of backups
- VM replication with multiple point in time restore points
- Full VSS compatibility for consistent backups in Microsoft environments.
Stay tuned for my future post on using Veeam Backup & Replication.