As Promised Microsoft is aiming to release a CU for Exchange Server 2013 every Quarter.
The first CU missed that target by about 3 days (We’ll forgive them for that).
Anyway CU2 was released a couple of days ago, so I’m going to list the new improvements made available with this release.
First off the official Build Number for CU2 is 15.0.712.22
Another quick note is that all CU’s are actually full Exchange Version. So you can actually download the CU from Microsoft and use it to install Exchange Server 2013 from scratch.
You can download the Exchange Server CU2 Here
The new features are:
- Per-server database support – Per server you can now create 100 Databases vs the prior limitation to 50.
- OWA Redirection – OWA redirection to Exchange 2010/2007 CAS is silent and includes SSO. As long as both servers are using Forms based Authentication.
- High Availability – A new service, the DAG Management Service. The DAG Management service contains non-critical code that used to reside in the Replication service.
- OWA Search Improvements – Previously searching for keywords within OWA did not give indications of the location of the keyword in the search result set. Exchange 2013 RTM CU2 improves OWA’s search results highlighting in three ways:
- Conversation items are auto-expanded that have hits in them.
- Whenever you search for a term and select a conversation from the result list, OWA will move the scroll position of the reading pane so that the first item part with that search term is in view.
- Hit navigation within a conversation – you can jump between search hits quickly using a control built into the reading pane.
- Malware Filter Rules – Exchange 2013 RTM CU2 introduces the –MalwareFilterRule cmdlets. You can use the –MalwareFilterRule cmdlets to apply custom malware filter policies to specific users, groups, or domains in your organization. Custom policies always take precedence over the default company-wide policy, but you can change the priority (that is, the running order) of your custom policies.
You can find the full list at the following Microsoft Blog: http://blogs.technet.com/b/exchange/archive/2013/07/09/released-exchange-server-2013-rtm-cumulative-update-2.aspx